Benefits of IoT: How the Internet of Things Improving Our Daily Lives!Anju Kumar
“Turn your lights off/on from your bed! Control your TV with your voice! Lock your door in a single tap of your smartphone”
– All these may sound funny & strange! But the fact –
It’s all possible with IoT!
Recently heard the phrase “IoT (Internet of Things)”, but scratching your head and searching online to find out what IoT is? Continue reading…. In this article, we are going to discuss what IoT is and the Benefits Of IoT?
Do you know IoTs are not something that’s new to the world? The theme of IoTs dated back to 1982…. Can you believe this fact? It may be shocking for you! But it’s true!
In 1982, the first coke vending machine was connected to the IoT Sensor which allows the users to see if the machine was stocked and whether drinks were cold. Hope now you might get a little idea on what IoT means? Yes, Internet of Things refers to all devices/objects of daily lives that are connected to the Internet (other than computers, and smartphones)
Thinking does these IoT devices plays a major part in our daily lives? The answer is “YES”. IoT is everywhere!
Have you heard of “Smart Home” – It’s nothing but an automated home programmed to save energy and make your life easier! In such a smart home, heating systems will be synced with external temperature and adjust the room temperature accordingly; lighting will switch “ON” as we enter a room and the list goes on…
All these things may sound alien to you, but there are plenty such smart homes that already exist. It’s all operating and functioning with the theme – IoT (Internet of Things)
When we talk about IoTs, we can see that the wings of IoTs spread everywhere! And the uses of IoT can have many benefits and below we have shed the limelight on the major industries that benefit from the Internet of Things.
#1 Benefit – Medical Industries
- IoTs are really a boon for the medical field! Now, there is no more need to stand in the queue to consult your healthcare provider. With the help of IoT tools, the doctors can monitor the patient remotely and prescribe drugs on the basis of tracked information.
- For instance, if the patient is in constant life support, all his health conditions are being completely recorded in the cloud system.
- So, even in case of medical emergencies, the doctors do not require spending much time in understanding the medical condition of the patient; because they are already aware of the required actions to be taken by reading the info available on the cloud system
#2 Benefit – Hospitality
- Today IoTs have been mostly used in the hospitality industry to improve the traveling experience of customers. At present, Face Detection id is provided to the customers so that hotel staffs can recognize the customer before their arrival.
- Also, in the near future, they have planned to equip the rooms with sensors and emotion recognition cameras. For example: if the customer is hungry, it read the customer’s facial expression and recommend for meals.
#3 Benefit – Smart Building or Smart Homes
- How amazing it would be – your gate automatically opens when you enter into your house and your main door automatically unlocks and opens for you when you stand in front of your house? Wow…. It’s really great, right? These are the things that are going to happen by 2020!
- Using IoTs and smart technology can lead to energy efficiency and an overall better quality of life.
Let’s Wrap Up –
Hope this article gives you the glance of what you can expect from IoTs. People are more curious to know more about IoT; whereas some do not want to dive into the depth of IoT but want to enjoy the comfort it offers.
By 2030, your smart water bottle alerts you to drink water on an hourly basis and your pill bottle alarms you to take a pill. Your smart feeding spoon informs you to stop eating high caloric food….
Wow! That’s amazing, right! Overall, I can sum up that life is so easy and comfortable with IoTs!
If you find this post interesting, do share your feedback in the comment section!