What You Should Know Before Building an E-commerce Website?Anju Kumar
E-commerce business is experiencing a phenomenal growth!. Statista report says that in the year 2017, e-com had sales of about $2.3 trillion and it’s expected to reach a whopping $4.5 trillion by 2021! And the growth rate nearly 15% every year! Isn’t it great!. Making an e-commerce website is not a very complex endeavor however it’s not! You should know the basics of e-commerce capabilities and the issue remains significant even after getting the e-commerce operations running.
Let’s go through the things you must know before building an e-commerce website:
- You should have an e-commerce website to be safe from hackers. You should have the best website with 256-bit TLS (Transport Sockets Layer) encryption, permitting the end-to-end secured connection across the transactions and data on the website.
- In addition, your e-commerce website should have a tool for payment processing which can provide additional security during the payment and cart aspects of the transaction.
Now it’s time to select a hosting provider! When looking for a hosting provider for your online business, it’s best to go with a provider that specializes in e-commerce; pick out the best which
guarantees 99.9% uptime!
Scaling As Per Needs
- When the inventory grows rapidly because of activities like seasonal deals or flash sales, you have to scale up your platform consequently to handle the needs.
- Luckily, scaling server requirements are easy if you use a cloud service provider who is standardized on the dependable IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service) platform.
- Using an IaaS platform, you can scale the server power heavily with only a few clicks.
- The majority of e-commerce services assist you on building your website as mobile-friendly because all the content which works on the mobile will also work fine on the desktop
however not vice versa.
- Despite the other factors which make the company repulsive like some out-dated the philosophy they will be damaging from the beginning.
- If you can manage the services yourself, then Microsoft, Google, and Amazon all are extremely good options. You can choose any of them or hire some other vendor too.
- Choosing one of these options is very important because it affects how frequently your the site goes down if your saved data is secured and you’ll be able to use it again in case of any messy situation.
- As your e-commerce isn’t a “set-it-forget-it” thing, you need a vendor who can constantly deliver new codes to your e-commerce website for better performance and
- Sadly, some vendors distribute new code only once a day or once in two days which is not acceptable. You need a vendor, who can offer codes anytime in the day.
- That’s how you’ll never need to wait for the problems to get rectified or for getting the new features live on the homepage.
- If you are running some email marketing campaigns using MailChimp, combining your e-commerce and marketing platforms make sure that promotional and “Thank You”
emails are secured straight back to your website.
- It helps in getting better oversight like who has bought what, which promotional campaigns worked, etc. and you can regain the customers that have abandoned the
Have you followed all these things? Then you are done!
Please don’t forget to share this article! You will get some more ideas in the upcoming blog, but don’t forget to share your views about how this blog has helped you in solving your queries about building an e-commerce website in the comment section below!