How to Write Good Content For E-commerce Website?Anju Kumar
Reports revealed that “81% of Shopaholic Do Research before Making an Informed Decision on Purchases”[Source]. When surfing on an e-commerce site, the users have two main mottos: Purchase or Research! To satisfy both the aims, you can’t afford to give half-baked information! Because, when it comes to an e-commerce website, Content plays an important role in turning visitors into customers.
For example: if you’re selling an outfit, only its price and picture is not enough; even though the picture speaks more than words, the user may be looking for something in detail that includes: Fabric, Manufacturer information and more.
The content in your E-Commerce Website needs to be more informative rather than just a flock of words sprinkled here and there on the website. So, in this write-up, we are going to provide you the tips and tricks on “How to Write Good Content for E-commerce Website”
Answer “The Five W’s”
Before you start writing the website content for your e-commerce website, try to figure out the answer for the “Five W’s”, i.e. Who, What, Where, When and Why.
- Who is this Product For?
- What Are the Details of the Product? And What Sets Your Product Apart from Others?
- Where Would Your Customers Use This Products, i.e. used for Indoors or Outdoors?
- When Do You Customer Use Your Product, i.e. Occasional or Seasonal?
- Why Would Someone Use Your Product?
Focus on Your Customer Needs
- After analyzing the answer for the five “W’s”, start writing the content focus on your audience first and Google the next.
Write a clear, informative yet compelling description for each item. Your content should be pertinent, in order to make an educated purchasing decision.
- Give your customer what they can expect from your product via words, so they don’t hop off your webpage and move on to your competitor.
- Providing accurate content establishes a relationship and builds trust, and thus increases the potential for sales and revenue!
Don’t Forget the Keywords
- Once you finished writing the descriptions, now it’s time to optimize the content for keywords. Statistics show that people often search the products based on the brand name and most importantly the brand “Nike” has been searched for 13.6 million times a month.
- Next to the brand name, you can also include keywords derived from the features of the product. For example: if you’re selling an outfit and it’s in blue color means, you can use keywords such as “Blue Kurtis”.
- Make sure do not repeat the same keywords and same key phrases, as it leads to the penalty and also affects the ranking factor.
Use Keyword-Friendly and User-Friendly URLs
- User-friendly and keyword-friendly URLs are also called “Speaking URLs”. Make sure to use the URL in such a way that clearly conveys the product name, features along with the brand name.
- Overall, be sure to use the URL that is easy to remember.
Add Visuals to Enhance the Credibility of your Content
- Nowadays, you can see the demo video along with the description of the content. Adding such visuals can enhance the credibility of your content and also let the users know what they can expect from the product.
- It is also stated that viewing a 1-minute video is more relaxing than reading a 1000 words article. For instance: if your e-commerce store deals with clothing, you can show a catwalk style video giving your customers a good idea on how they look in the specific outfit.
Use More Descriptive Sub Headings
- In today’s busy schedule, people often hate reading the full-length article, and they just scan the article by reading the subheadings.
- So, make sure to include descriptive subheadings; for instance- Instead of using the subheading as – “Check out our latest collection”, you can say – “Check out our latest Blue Kurtis Collection”. This will draw the attention of the customers.
- Moreover, keep the paragraphs short, since long paragraphs are boring invitations for users to take nap!
Yes… You’ve completed reading the guide on how to create a good content for E-Commerce Website ! Now you know how to create good content to turn your visitors into customers! So, what are you waiting for? It’s never too late to start over! So, if you wish to do little tweaks on your website content, make sure to do it right now!
“Time and Tide Waits for none” – This is an old adage, and the new version is “Traffic, Sales and Revenue Waits for None” So act now to gain more customers, sales and revenue!!!
Do share this article! I’m sourcing new ideas for an upcoming blog, so I’d love to hear what you do get millions of traffic to your website in the comment section below.